Balsamic Grilled Veggie Wrap (Vegetarian)
A simple and healthy yet super flavourful Grilled Veggie Wrap filled with balsamic marinated grilled vegetables, goat cheese and hummus. Makes a delicious healthy lunch or dinner recipe!
If there’s some sort grilled veggie wrap or sandwich on the menu at a restaurant, I will order it!
I just love the simple yet delicious combination of perfectly grilled vegetables with melty goat cheese, greens, and balsamic all mixed together. So. Good!
Now with this recipe, we can all make our favourite restaurant-style grilled vegetable wraps at home!
Grilled Veggie Wrap Ingredients:
For the Balsamic Vegetable Marinade:
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh garlic
- Dried rosemary
- Salt & pepper
For the Veggie Wraps:
- Whole wheat tortilla wraps
- Romaine lettuce
- Bell peppers
- Red onion
- Goat cheese
How to Make the Veggie Wrap:
Marinate & Grill Vegetables
Start by whisking together the balsamic marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Wash and chop/slice the vegetables for grilling, and toss them together in a large bowl with the prepared marinade. Place bowl in the fridge and allow veggies to marinate for 30 minutes up to 8 hours.
Once the veggies have marinated, it’s time to grill! You can grill your vegetables a few ways:
- In a grill pan or basket (this is what I used)
- On a grill mat
- On skewers
- Directly on the grill (cut the vegetables larger if doing this!)
Grill the veggies over medium-high heat for 8-12 minutes or until desired doneness. Alternatively, you can roast the vegetables in the oven at 400F for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway.
Build the Wrap
When the veggies are cooked, you can assemble the wraps. Start by spreading on the hummus (or other dip/spread). Then, to the centre of the wrap, sprinkle on the goat cheese, followed by the chopped lettuce, and finally the grilled vegetables.
Fold & Enjoy the Grilled Veggie Wrap!
To fold the tortilla, fold the bottom and top edges over, rotate the tortilla so an open end is directly facing you, then roll up from the bottom. Slice the tortilla in half, then enjoy!
- Vegetables: Feel free to mix things up and use whatever vegetables you like or have on hand. The vegetables in this recipe are the ones I find grill the best, but you can omit anything you don’t like.
- Goat cheese: Instead of goat cheese, you can use feta cheese.
- Hummus: You can omit the hummus altogether, or substitute another dip/spread you like! Roasted red pepper dip or pesto would be delicious!
- Whole wheat wrap: If gluten-free, you can substitute the whole wheat wrap for a gluten-free variety.
More Vegetarian Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- Curry Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Pesto Pasta Salad with White Beans
- Vegan Peanut Noodle Salad
- Black Bean & Sweet Potato Taco Bowls
Balsamic Grilled Veggie Wrap with Hummus and Goat Cheese (Vegetarian)
For the Balsamic Veggie Marinade:
For the Veggie Wraps:
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- Whisk the balsamic marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Wash and chop/slice the vegetables for grilling. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with the marinade until coated. Place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes up to 8 hours.
- In a grill pan, grill mat, or directly on the grill over medium-high heat, grill the vegetables for 8-12 minutes or until desired doneness. *See notes
- Once veggies are cooked, assemble the wraps. To the centre of each tortilla, spread on hummus, sprinkle with goat cheese, followed by the chopped lettuce, and finally the grilled vegetables.
- To fold each tortilla, fold the bottom and top edges over, rotate the tortilla so an open end is directly facing you, then roll up from the bottom. Slice the tortilla in half, and enjoy.
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
Enjoyed this recipe? Leave me a comment and recipe rating below! It helps other people find my recipes. 🙂