Peanut Butter Chocolate Greek Yogurt Bark
Yogurt bark is a terrific, easy Greek yogurt dessert idea! You only need 4 main ingredients to make this frozen yogurt bark recipe(plus optional toppings, such as sliced banana) and about 15 minutes of prep time. For best results, freeze the Greek yogurt bark for a minimum of 4 hours until it hardens, before diving in!
About This Greek Yogurt Bark Recipe:
Say hello to your new favourite [healthy] sweet snack! As a dietitian, I’m a big fan of Greek yogurt because it’s nutritious, high-protein, and super versatile! It makes a great base for healthy desserts.
Greek yogurt bark recipe is super easy to whip up and store in the freezer for a high protein healthy dessert or snack that will satisfy your chocolate peanut butter cravings.
You only need 4 main ingredients to make this yogurt bark recipe (plus optional toppings) and only 15 minutes of time. Let’s get started!
PS: If you like Greek yogurt recipe ideas, you’ll also have to try my healthy homemade fudgesicles or chocolate and peanut butter balls. And if you prefer to use Greek yogurt in savour recipes, give this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Greek Yogurt a try!
Ingredients for Frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Greek Yogurt Bark:
To make this easy and delicious Greek yogurt bark recipe, you’ll need:
- Plain greek yogurt (make it vegan with a plant-based Greek yogurt)
- Peanut butter
- Honey or other liquid sweetener
- Chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
Optional toppings for this frozen yogurt bark include:
- Banana slices
- Other fresh fruit like sliced strawberries or blueberries
- Graham cracker crumbs or crumbled graham crackers
- Nuts and seeds like walnuts, pecans, hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds
Nutrition Benefits of Yogurt Bark:
It’s high in protein. Greek yogurt is really good for you. It’s rich in important nutrients like protein and calcium, and adding a source of protein to our sweet snacks can help to slow the rise in our blood sugars, keeping levels stabilized and helping us feel fuller for longer. Regular yogurt also has protein in it, but Greek yogurt contains more.
It’s a source of healthy fats. Thanks to the use of natural peanut butter, this Greek yogurt dessert is not only high in protein, it’s also a source of healthy fats from peanuts. If you have a peanut allergy, try using almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
It’s low in added sugar. Because we use plain greek yogurt and add honey to it, we can better control the added sugar content of our yogurt bark recipe and you customize the sweetness exactly to your liking.
How to Make this Peanut Butter Chocolate Greek Yogurt Bark Recipe:
- We start by mixing Greek yogurt, peanut butter and honey together in a bowl. Then transfer this mixture to a baking sheet lined with a piece of parchment paper. We’ll spread the yogurt mixture onto the parchment paper as evenly as possible, then it’s time for toppings!
- First, we’ll melt the chocolate chips and swirl the chocolate over the Greek yogurt mixture with a toothpick. Then we add the remaining toppings.
- Personally, I like to top my frozen Greek yogurt bark with sliced banana, graham cracker crumbs and chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans.
- Next, it’s time to freeze the bark! It takes about 4 hours for yogurt to freeze, so place the baking sheet into the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours. Once frozen, we’ll chop it into pieces and enjoy!
How to Store Yogurt Bark:
The frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Greek Yogurt Bark will keep well in the freezer without getting icy up to a month.
I recommend storing the pieces in a sealed freezer bag or container. This way, you can just grab a piece when you want one and enjoy!
More Healthy Sweet Snack Recipes You’ll Love:
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Balls
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- Raspberry Oat Bars
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- No-Bake Healthy Cheesecake in a Jar
Peanut Butter Chocolate Frozen Greek Yogurt Bark
For the Greek Yogurt Bark:
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix greek yogurt, peanut butter and honey together in a mixing bowl until well-combined.
- Spread the greek yogurt mixture evenly onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Warm chocolate chips in a bowl using the microwave in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Using a spoon, add dollops of melted chocolate to the yogurt mixture on the baking sheet. Using a toothpick, gently swirl the chocolate into the yogurt mixture.
- Add remaining toppings (optional) liked sliced banana or other fruit, graham cracker crumbs, and/or nuts.
- Freeze the bark for a minimum of 4 hours until hardened. Then cut into pieces of your desired size. Transfer pieces of bark to a freezer bag and store up to 1 month. Enjoy!
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
Enjoyed this recipe? Leave a comment and a recipe rating below! It helps other readers find my recipes and I’d really appreciate it. 🙂