These easy Broccoli Cheddar Baked Egg Bites are a healthy, high-protein breakfast recipe that you can meal-prep and freeze. Vegetarian and gluten-free!
Why You’ll Love Baked Egg Bites:
These veggie-packed baked egg bites are an easy and delicious way to add protein to your mornings.
You can meal-prep them ahead of time for a quick and easy breakfast option. I love to pair mine with a source of fibre-rich carbohydrates (like whole grain bread) and some fruit!
You can also customize them however you like. Not a fan of broccoli? You can add other vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and more.
Ingredients for This Recipe:
To make these easy egg bites, you only need 6 simple and wholesome ingredients.
- Whole eggs
- Cottage cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Broccoli Cheddar Baked Egg Bites:
To make the baked egg bites, start by preheating your oven to 300F and preparing a silicone muffin tray with non-stick spray.
Next, add your eggs, cottage cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper together in a blender. Blend until everything is well-combined.
Pour the egg mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tray, filling each section about half way (the egg bites will rise in the oven).
Divide the chopped broccoli and spinach evenly over the egg mixture in the muffin tray. Then sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over each.
Sprinkle with more salt and pepper (optional), then place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 300F.
Storing Baked Egg Bites:
The egg bites need to be stored in the refrigerator. I recommend storing them in a sealed container in the fridge. To do this, cool the egg bites completely, then place in a sealable container, then into the fridge. They will last up to 5 days this way.
Alternatively, you can freeze the egg bites. To freeze them, first arrange them on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until frozen through. Then remove from the baking sheet and and place in a sealable container or freezer bag and store in the freezer up to 2 months. To reheat frozen egg bites, defrost them in the fridge overnight then warm in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
If you’re looking to mix things up with some more healthy breakfast ideas, here are some of my favourites:
- Sun-dried Tomato & Feta Egg Bites
- Banana Chia Pudding
- Chai Spiced Overnight Oats
- Easy & Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
- Freezer Friendly Breakfast Burritos
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
If you tried these Broccoli and Cheddar Baked Egg Bites or any other recipes of mine let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below!
Broccoli Cheddar Baked Egg Bites
- 9 large eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 head broccoli chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- Preheat your your oven to 300F and preparing a silicone muffin tray with non-stick spray.
- Add eggs, cottage cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper to a blender. Blend until everything is smooth and well-combined.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tray, filling each slot about half way (the egg bites will rise in the oven).
- Divide the chopped broccoli and spinach evenly over the egg mixture in the muffin tray. Then sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over each.
- Sprinkle with more salt and pepper (optional), then place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 300F. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before removing from muffin tray.