Healthy Homemade Vegan Granola Bars
These homemade vegan granola bars are the perfect healthy snack to keep on hand. Packed with oats, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and chocolate - what's not to love?
Servings 12 bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts like almonds, pecans, and peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried fruit like raisins or cranberries
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds whole or ground
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 generous pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter or other nut butter like almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Leave the chocolate chips out for now, we'll add these in later.
In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, pure maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
Transfer the mixture to an 8x8-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper and press the mixture down evenly with clean hands, a spatula, or spoon.
Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Once removed from the oven, place the pan on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Store the homemade granola bars in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week. You can also store them in the freezer up to 2 months.