Black Bean Sweet Potato Taco Bowls
These Black Bean Sweet Potato taco bowls are the perfect meatless weeknight meal. They're packed with flavour, nutrition and are easily customizable!
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt to taste
For the Taco Bowls:
- 1 1/2 cups black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 medium avocado diced
- 1 can Del Monte Mexican Corn Medley
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1-2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- optional toppings: sour cream, chopped cilantro, green onion, sliced lime, salsa, cheese, jalapenos
Preheat oven to 400F. Toss sweet potato with avocado oil and spices. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until tender and cooked through.
Meanwhile, assemble taco bowls with lettuce, black beans, Del Monte Mexican Corn Medley, tomatoes, and avocado. Add sweet potatoes when finished baking.
Top with sour cream and garnish with chopped cilantro, green onion and a wedge of lime. Other optional toppings: Cheese, jalapenos, salsa. Enjoy!