Vegan Peanut Stir Fry with Chickpeas
This vegan peanut stir fry with chickpeas is delicious, quick, and easy to make. Pair it with rice, quinoa or noodles for a healthy and balanced meal.
For the Stir Fry:
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2-3 medium celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce reduced sodium preferred
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp srirachia
- 1/3 cup hot water or more as needed
- cilantro and chopped peanuts to garnish optional
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all peanut sauce ingredients and whisk to combine. Add more hot water to thin sauce as needed. Set aside.
In a large frying pan or wok, warm sesame oil over medium high heat. Add chopped vegetables and stir fry.
Continue to stir vegetables frequently until tender. Add chickpeas and stir fry another 3-5 minutes.
Pour peanut sauce over chickpea vegetable mixture and stir to coat.
Serve over grains like rice, quinoa or noodles and garnish with cilantro and chopped peanut (optional).
Enjoy immediately. Stores well in the fridge for 2-3 days.