Vegan Pumpkin Granola (Gluten-Free)
This healthy recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Granola is easy to make and full of warm fall flavours. It’s crunchy, clustery and loaded with good stuff like pecans, pumpkin seeds and coconut chips.
There’s nothing quite like making a delicious batch of homemade vegan pumpkin granola on a fall day. Quite frankly, once you start making homemade granola you’ll never want to buy store-bought granola ever again!
This recipe was actually created based on the formula for my White Chocolate Orange Granola recipe, but I made several changes and the result was the crunchiest, clusteriest (I know, not a word), pumpkin granola recipe for fall. Because it’s not fall without pumpkin!
Why You’ll Love Vegan Pumpkin Granola:
- This pumpkin granola recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients. It’s totally vegan and gluten-free.
- It will make your kitchen smell amazing! The aromas of pumpkin pie spice will drift from your oven into the kitchen, giving you all of the cozy fall vibes.
- It’s super crisp and full of crunchy clusters. Be sure to follow all of the recipe instructions in order to get the best results!
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Granola:
Step 1: Start by combining all of your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. The dry ingredients include large flake rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, allspice (or nutmeg), sea salt, pecan halves, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), and coconut chips.
Step 2: In another bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup and pumpkin puree. Pour this wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredient mixture and stir well to coat everything evenly.
Step 3: Spread the mixture onto a prepared baking sheet (see instructions) in an even layer and press down down with the back of your spoon or spatula. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, then remove from oven to flip the granola. Make sure to press the granola down once again before returning to the oven. This will help create clusters!
Step 4: After another 12-15 minutes, remove from oven and let granola cool for 1 hour. The granola might feel soft at first, but will crisp up as you let it cool. Don’t skip this step!
Tips for Making Homemade Granola:
After flipping the granola at the half way mark, press it down gently with the back of your spoon or spatula. This will help it bake together into the crunchy granola clusters we all love.
The granola should take a total of 25-30 minutes to bake. Make sure to let the granola cool completely (at least 1 hour!) after baking. I know this will be tough, but the crisp and crunchy result will be worth it!
I love serving this granola over milk or yogurt with fruit like blueberries, dried cranberries, blackberries or banana. Adding a drizzle of honey on top is also delicious!
How to Store Homemade Granola:
Store the granola in a sealed, airtight container at room temperature in a dark, dry place like a cupboard, away from any major heat sources. When stored like this, the granola can last up to 6 months. If you live in a warmer, more humid environment, the shelf life will be closer to 2 or 3 months.
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love:
If you liked this granola, you may also enjoy these delicious pumpkin recipes:
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Pumpkin Sage Pasta with Spinach
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Oat Cookies
- Flourless Pumpkin Brownies
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
If you tried this Vegan Pumpkin Granola or any of my recipes let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and recipe rating below! Be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for more!
Vegan Pumpkin Granola (Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spray lightly with oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil. Add pumpkin puree and maple syrup then whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredient mixture to dry ingredients and stir well to coat everything evenly.
- Spread mixture in an even layer on prepared baking sheet, pressing down gently with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes, removing from the oven to flip half way through. After flipping, be sure to press the granola down once again before returning to oven. This helps create clusters!
- After 25-30 minutes, remove from the oven. Allow the granola to cool for at least 1 hour. Do not skip this step! The granola may be soft at first but will crisp up during this time giving us more crunchy, clustery granola.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks. Enjoy!