This is my favourite recipe for fudgy one-bowl brownies, because everyone needs an easy and delicious brownie recipe to rely on!
One-Bowl Cocoa Brownies
Funny story, this recipe was actually inspired by a brownie recipe I found in a magazine years ago. The recipe was included in an article about break-ups and broken hearts and I was so amused at how it was written.
I saved the recipe and made it a couple times. I was impressed at how simple and easy it was to follow, however the brownies themselves weren’t fudgy enough for my liking. So I made some changes.
The result – these easy, one-bowl classic fudgy brownies.
I say classic because there’s no “healthier” swaps or added nutrition in this recipe. Just good old sugar, butter and flour. Because in my opinion, opting for the classic option when you really want it can be the healthy choice in itself.
How to Make These One-Bowl Brownies
Start by preheating your oven and prepping your 8×8 inch baking pan.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract together. Then add the eggs and mix until well-combined.
To the same bowl, add the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and mix just until combined. Don’t over-mix!
Fold in some chocolate chips and chopped walnuts if you’re feeling adventurous.
Then, transfer the batter to your prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool, then cut into square and serve.
Tips for Baking Better Brownies
Opt for a good-quality cocoa powder. No-name brands will work, but you will get darker, fudge results with better quality cocoa.
Don’t over-mix the brownie batter! I know it’s tempting to mix until your 110% sure everything is combined, but when you mix until just combined, you’ll get better results.
Remove the brownies from the oven right when they’re done. I know you might want to put them back in for “just another minute” but refrain from doing so unless you want them to be dry. As soon as the toothpick comes out clean, remove!
More Delicious Dessert Recipes:
- 8-inch baking pan, greased
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder sifted
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar and vanilla extract together. Add the eggs and mix until well-combnined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder then mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts (opional).
- Transfer the the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and cut into squares, then serve.