It’s like a berry crumble, but in bar form. Enjoy one of these Strawberry Crumble Bars as an on-the-go breakfast or even topped with some ice cream for a sweet treat.
It’s almost berry season! The anticipation for fresh berries as we approach summer is real. I’m getting you hyped up and ready by arming you with a seriously delicious recipe that you can whip up when you’ve got some fresh strawberries on hand.
These bars are so versatile. They’re high in fibre and packed with nutrition (thanks to the oats, whole wheat flour and strawberries) so they’d make a great on-the-go breakfast – maybe topped with a drizzle of nut butter? That said, they’re also sweet enough to double as crowd-pleasing dessert at your next Spring and Summer get together or cookout. I imagine them topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream…yum.
Now I created these Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars using a local brand’s “Real Food Bar Mix” which is essentially a mix of oats and seeds that you combine with nut butter and honey to make at-home granola bars. I love that the bar mix adds extra nutrition with the pumpkin and sunflower seeds! That being said, if you can’t access Made with Local products near you, the recipe would be easily just as delicious using plain rolled oats. You could even throw in some of your own seeds, too! Go wild. 😉
As always, hit me up on social media if you make this recipe and let me know what you think! And if you’re not already, follow along on on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing. Happy berry season!
Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
Crust & Crumble Topping
- 1 1/2 cups Made with Local Real Food Bar Mix can subsitute rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter can use coconut oil
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 375F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats (or bar mix), whole wheat flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add honey and melted butter and mix well to combine.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture and then firmly press the remaining mixture into your lined baking dish evenly. Top with diced strawberries and sprinkle the strawberries with the lemon juice, brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture on top of the strawberries. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until the crust and crumb are golden brown. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting & serving. Enjoy!