Loaded Veggie Burger Salad (Vegetarian + Gluten Free)
This Veggie Burger Salad has everything you love about a good burger, just without a bun! Lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, pickles, cheese and the veggie burger, finished off with a deliciously easy dressing. This recipe is vegetarian and gluten-free!
Why You’ll Love This Veggie Burger Salad:
This is a great recipe to make when you’re craving all the fixings of a good veggie burger, but you want something a little lighter and more crisp and refreshing. It’s easy, delicious, and a great way eat some nutritious vegetables.
Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with eating your burger on a bun (and please don’t let anyone tell you that there is). This is just a fun take on all the flavours of a veggie burger with a little more lettuce and a little less bun. I actually tend to serve this recipe up with a side of roasted or air-fryer potatoes because I love my carbs so much and can’t go too long without them (rightfully so – we need them for energy)!
Ingredients for Veggie Burger Salad:
Burger “Toppings”: To make this salad, you’ll need the kind of veggies and toppings that you’d put on a burger! Like lettuce, tomato, red onion, avocado, cheese, and pickles. You can also add any other vegetables that you like or have on hand.
Veggie Burgers: Of course for our veggie burger salads, we can’t forget the veggie burgers! I personally like to use my Spicy Black Bean Burger patties crumbled on top. Alternatively, you can use a standard frozen veggie burger of your choice or another homemade veggie burger.
Dressing: Included in this recipe is a super delicious and easy Honey Dijon Dressing made with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. I also love to top my burger salads with my Avocado Green Goddess Dressing so this is an option as well. If you want to keep it really easy, you can simply drizzle your salad with some yellow mustard. It might sound odd, but it’s quite tasty.
How to Make a Veggie Burger Salad:
- Step 1: Add the chopped lettuce to a bowl. Top with the chopped tomato, chopped avocado, diced red onion, chopped pickles, and cubed cheddar cheese.
- Step 2: Crumble the cooked veggie burger over top.
- Step 3: Make the dressing by combining all dressing ingredients together in a mason jar or container with a lid. Screw on the lid and shake contents until everything is emulsified and well-combined.
- Step 4: Drizzle salads with dressing and enjoy!
Tips for Storing the Salads:
If you have leftovers or are prepping the salad for later, I recommend storing the salad and the dressing separately if possible. This will help to keep the ingredients crisp and fresh. Store both the salad and dressing separately and covered in the fridge. The salad will keep up to 3 days and the dressing up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
More Healthy Salad Recipes For You:
- Chicken & Avocado Caprese Salad
- Citrus & Arugula Salad
- Autumn Kale Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- Homemade Healthy Caesar Salad
- Cheeseburger Salad
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
Enjoyed this recipe? Leave a comment and a recipe rating below! It helps other readers find my recipes and I’d really appreciate it. 🙂
Loaded Veggie Burger Salad
For the Veggie Burger Salad:
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 6 round dill pickle slices, chopped, or more/less to your preference
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 2 cooked veggie burgers of choice, crumbled
- Add chopped lettuce to two separate bowls. Top each bowl of lettuce with evenly divided chopped tomato, chopped avocado, diced red onion, chopped pickles, and cubed cheddar cheese.
- Crumble one cooked veggie burger over top of each salad bowl.
- Optional: Make the dressing by combining all dressing ingredients together in a mason jar or container with a lid. Screw on the lid and shake contents until everything is emulsified and well-combined.
- Drizzle salads with dressing and enjoy!