Healthy Pistachio Chocolate Cookies
This easy recipe for Healthy Chocolate Pistachio Cookies is gluten-free and made with simple, healthy ingredients. They’re chewy with a perfect mix of salty and sweet.
I don’t know what my favourite part of this recipe is – the pistachio crunch inside the chewy cookie, or the outer coating of dark chocolate sprinkled with coarse salt.
If you love sweet and salty combos, you’re absolutely going to love these Healthy Chocolate Pistachio cookies! They were a hit with my family and friends, and I have a feeling they’re going to be a hit with yours, too.
What’s in These Healthy Chocolate Pistachio Cookies:
Almond flour – A gluten-free alternative for regular flour. Essentially, it’s just almonds ground into a fine flour. Make your own at home with a food processor or buy it at the store! Feel free to use regular flour if you like.
Salt – Both in the cookie dough and sprinkled on top.
An egg – If you want to make this recipe vegan, swap for a flax egg! To make a flax egg, whisk 1 tbsp ground flax seed with 3 tbsp of water and let sit for approximately 5 minutes.
Butter – For a plant-based option, use coconut oil or a vegan butter substitute.
Honey – Again, if you want to make the recipe vegan, you can use maple syrup or agave syrup instead.
Chopped pistachios – If you can, it’s easier to buy your pistachios shelled so you don’t have to it yourself. Then, just chop them up into smaller pieces!
Dark chocolate – After baking, we let the cookies cool and then dip them in melted dark chocolate. Delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
Its so easy! It all comes together in one-bowl. Then, just bake the cookies, let them cool and dip them in chocolate!
It’s perfect for the holidays. The green pistachios are festive and the sprinkle of coarse salt on top looks like a beautiful little dusting of snow.
They’re gluten-free and can easily be made vegan with just a few simple swaps. This makes them great for holiday gatherings or pot lucks where there may be some dietary restrictions.
And if you love this recipe, you may also love my recipe for the BEST Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Connect with Hannah Magee RD:
For more recipes, be sure to follow me on my social media pages!
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
If you make my recipes, make sure to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @hannahmagee_rd
Healthy Pistachio Chocolate Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature, can sub melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey, can sub maple syrup
- 1 large egg, can sub flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted
- coarse salt, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. Add butter and honey to a mixing bowl and cream together until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mix to combine.
- Mix in almond flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in chopped pistachios.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheet, about 1-2 tbsp of dough per cookie.
- Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes, until cookies are golden. Remove from oven and place on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cookies are completely cooled, melt chocolate in a small bowl. Dip one side of each cookie into the melted chocolate so half is coated and half isn't. Place dipped cookies onto a large plate and sprinkle with coarse salt so it sticks to the chocolate.
- Place dipped + salted cookies in the fridge, allowing chocolate to harden (about 15-30 minutes).
Thanks for sharing these cookies. They are delicious and would be an awesome addition to any holiday treats tray!!
I know you have my address 😀
Thank you! Enjoy!