These oil-free Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins look fudgy and decadent but are full of good-for-you ingredients. Plus, it all comes together in one bowl!
I’m not one to often turn down chocolate – especially if it’ something double chocolate. This recipe is perfect for the days when your chocolate craving strikes but you still want something nourishing. Made with simple ingredients and one bowl = less mess! That’s a win for us all.
If you’re a chocolate lover, this recipe is for you! If you’re not, this recipe is perfect to save and make for your chocolate-loving friends! See what I did there?
How to Make Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins:
Making these healthy double chocolate muffins is pretty simple. Grab your bowl and add the dry ingredients (includes whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder).
Then add your wet ingredients (greek yogurt, milk, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla). Mix it all together, fold in some chocolate chips, and bake!
You guys know I love using whole wheat flour when baking because it has more nutrients and fibre, so why not? However, feel free to use all purpose flour if that’s what you have on hand. If you’re gluten-free, a 1:1 gluten-free baking flour will do!
How to Eat your Double Chocolate Muffins:
- Spread them with peanut butter! Because nothing beats chocolate + peanut butter together.
- Fresh out of the oven or warmed up in the microwave. The chocolate chips will be gooey and melted.
- Crumbled on top of a yogurt bowl. If you’ve never tried doing this, I highly recommend!
Similar Recipes You’ll Love:
Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F and place muffin liners in a muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add and whisk together all dry ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredient mixture. Add all wet ingredients to the well, and then mix into dry ingredients to combine. Mix until batter is wet, and then stop. If you over-mix, the muffins may end up more dry or crumbly than we'd like.
- Distribute the muffin batter evenly into the lined muffin tin. Place in the oven and bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool on a wire rack before serving. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.