Easy Vegetarian Egg Muffins
These Vegetarian Egg Muffins are easy to make and great to meal-prep + enjoy all week long! Made with 5 simple ingredients, they’re a protein-rich breakfast or snack option.
When life gets busy, there’s nothing better than having delicious food already prepped and ready to eat. That’s why I love taking a couple hours on the weekend to prepare a couple things that I can eat during the upcoming week.
Cue these easy vegetarian egg muffins. They’re made with nourishing ingredients like eggs (yolks included!) which are a good source of vitamins A, D, E and essential amino acids and kale which is a good source of non-heme iron, folate and Vitamins A, C, K.
How to Make Egg Muffins:
It’s so easy! To make these vegetarian egg muffins, all you need is a mixing bowl, a whisk, a muffin pan and an oven. Oh, and your ingredients of course!
First, you whisk the eggs and liquid egg whites together (you can also use additional eggs instead of liquid egg whites). Then you add your veggies – this recipe calls for chopped kale and sun-dried tomatoes – and spices.
After mixing, you divide the egg + vegetable mixture into your muffin pan and sprinkle each individual egg muffin with some goat cheese (you can skip this if you like). Then, bake em’ at 350F for 20 minutes and they’re done!
Notes About This Recipe:
Before pouring your egg mixture into the muffin pan, be sure to grease the pan well or even use silicone baking cups. If the pan is not greased well the egg muffins will stick to the pan and be harder to remove when done baking.
Feel free to change up the vegetables in this recipe! I think that spinach, mushrooms, and bell peppers or onions would be delicious. You could also use another variety of cheese, like cheddar or feta cheese.
You can store your egg muffins in the fridge in an airtight container for about 5 days. Enjoy them as part of a balanced breakfast paired with fruit and a whole grain source like toast. The vegetarian egg muffins also make a great on-the-go snack when you need something healthy and quick.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
Connect with Hannah Magee RD!
If you make any of my recipes, be sure to snap a photo and tag me @hannahmagee_rd so I can see!
Thanks for stopping by!
Easy Vegetarian Egg Muffins
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites, can sub for 2 more large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped kale, or spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp goat cheese, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a muffin pan with oil or a non-stick spray. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites.
- Add chopped kale, sun-dried tomatoes and spices. Whisk again to combine.
- Divide egg mixture into a greased muffin pan and sprinkle cheese over top of each egg muffin.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 20 minutes. When egg muffins are done, remove from pan and let them cool on a wire rack. Store in the fridge in an airtight container up to 5 days.