Easy Sheet Pan Buffalo Cauliflower Nachos
If you love buffalo cauliflower and you love nachos, this cauliflower nachos recipe is for you! Sheet-pan roasted buffalo cauliflower is topped with melty cheese, crunchy celery, crisp green onion, and spicy jalapeños with an easy Greek yogurt ranch for dipping. Not only are these nachos tasty, they’re nutritious and perfect for anyone who’s low-carb.
About These Cauliflower Nachos:
These nachos are one of my favourite nourishing appetizer recipes. As a dietitian, I love creating variations of different nachos that are fun and tasty with a nutritional twist. Like my Sheet-Pan Black Bean & Sweet Potato Nachos, 20 Minute Loaded Vegetarian Nachos, and my Vegetarian Irish Potato Nachos.
I first saw the idea of cauliflower nachos on TikTok. And hey, I get it if there’s some skepticism. I definitely don’t think we need to be turning every single dish – including nachos – into something “healthier”. You can still live a healthy, balanced life and enjoy some classic pub-style nachos when you want them.
That said, I see nothing wrong with finding ways to make eating healthy foods like cauliflower fun and flavourful. And that’s exactly what this recipe is about. We took some cauliflower, roasted it up and combined it with the flavours of buffalo wings, then layered them up with cheese and toppings to create Buffalo Cauliflower Nachos!
I serve them with a 2-ingredient Greek yogurt ranch dip, and let me tell you – these are a hit. They’re a great game-day or movie night snack. The whole gang will love them!
Buffalo Cauliflower Nachos Ingredients:
This low-carb, gluten-free, and vegetarian nachos recipe is made with a simple list of plant-based ingredients, plus some cheese for topping and Greek yogurt for dipping. Here’s what you need:
For the Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower:
- Cauliflower – fresh, not frozen
- Oil for roasting – avocado, olive oil, or canola oil work best
- Spices – garlic powder, onion powder and paprika
- Buffalo sauce – my favourite is the classic Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
Cauliflower Nachos Toppings:
- Shredded cheese – I use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella
- Green onion
- Pickled jalapeños – totally optional, but I love them
Greek Yogurt Ranch for Dipping:
- plain Greek yogurt – nonfat or 2% will work
- Ranch seasoning packet
How to Make Sheet Pan Cauliflower Nachos:
We’ll start by washing, cutting, and roasting the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into slices that are about 1/2 inch thick. Try to cut them so they’re flat on each side – mimicking a nacho chip!
Place the cut-up cauliflower in a large bowl and add oil, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Toss together to combine, then add 2 tbsp buffalo sauce and toss again to coat the cauliflower.
Next, arrange the cauliflower evenly on a sheet pan sheet pan lined with parchment paper and greased with non-stick spray. Try to space the cauliflower out as much as possible as this will help it crisp.
We’ll roast the cauliflower in the oven at 425F for about 30 minutes, pausing to flip the cauliflower pieces halfway. After this, arrange the cauliflower in the centre of the sheet pan and layer with shredded cheese and toppings.
Place the sheet pan back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until all the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and serve with Greek yogurt ranch!
How to Make the Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip:
All you need to do is combine plain Greek yogurt (can be non-fat, 2%, or full-fat) with ranch seasoning.
Start with about 1 cup of greek yogurt and add the seasoning packet 1-2 tablespoons at a time until desired ranch flavour is achieved. It’s that easy!
Can You Make Cauliflower Nachos in the Air Fryer?
This is not something I’ve tried, but I imagine that you can make these cauliflower nachos in the air fryer by roasting the cauliflower in the air fryer (instead of the oven), then adding cheese and toppings and air frying again for a couple of minutes.
If you do try air fryer cauliflower nachos, leave a comment and let me know!
If you want to try making Buffalo Cauliflower in the air fryer, try my recipe for Vegan Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings! You can also turn them into delicious Buffalo Cauliflower Bowls for lunch or supper.
Are These Nachos Healthy?
Are nachos healthy? Is cauliflower a healthy alternative to nachos? Let me share my two cents.
Whether you make nachos with tortilla chips or cauliflower, as a Registered Dietitian I believe that you can find ways to add nutrition and balance to your plate. Whether it’s loading them up with vegetables, using roasted cauliflower as your “chip” (or not), or using greek yogurt for added protein, there are ways to make nachos more nutritious. So yes – nachos can be healthy.
The majority of ingredients in these cauliflower nachos are vegetables – cauliflower, celery, green onion, and jalapeños, which is great. Cauliflower is super nutritious – it’s high in fibre to keep you full, as well as vitamin C and potassium. It’s also mild in flavour – so it takes on the flavours of the buffalo sauce and spices really nicely.
Toppings and Storage Tips:
Cauliflower nachos are best enjoyed immediately after making. You can store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container (up to 3 days) and reheat before eating, but the cauliflower will likely soften and risks getting soggy.
For toppings, you can really use whatever you like! Feel free to add a protein like shredded chicken to your cauliflower nachos, or additional vegetables like diced tomatoes, red onion, or bell peppers.
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. If you try it, let me know what you think by leaving a rating and a review in the comments below. Oh, and be sure to take a photo and tag me at @hannahmagee_rd so I can re-share on my stories!
Easy Sheet Pan Buffalo Cauliflower Nachos
For the Sheet Pan Buffalo Cauliflower:
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, I use cheddar and mozzarella
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, diced
- other optional toppings: diced avocado, tomatoes, red onion, bell peppers
For the Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt, non-fat, 2%, or full-fat will work
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with non-stick spray.
- Slice cauliflower into approximately 1/2-inch slices. Add to a large mixing bowl with oil, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Toss to combine, then add 2 tbsp buffalo sauce and toss once again to coat.
- Arrange cauliflower evenly on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, pausing to flip halfway.
- Arrange roasted cauliflower in the middle of the baking sheet and layer with cheese and toppings, then drizzle on the remaining 2 tbsp of buffalo sauce.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Make Greek yogurt ranch dip: Start with about 1 cup of greek yogurt and add the seasoning packet 1-2 tablespoons at a time until desired ranch flavour is achieved. Serve nachos with the dip. Enjoy!