Chocolate peanut butter lovers unite! These easy Peanut Butter Cups are a delicious treat made with simple + minimal ingredients. What more could you ask for?
Alright you guys. The amount of tweets I’ve seen regarding the fact that no one reads the written content on recipe blog posts has me feeling like I should probably just skip to this recipe…
What You Need To Know About This Recipe:
No amount of writing I can do to do justice to this recipe. They’re mouthwatering, sweet yet salty cups of peanut butter, chocolate, and crispy puffed rice.
This recipe uses just a handful of simple ingredients, it’s easy to make, and the result is more delicious than Reese’s – can you believe it? Don’t just take my word for it, get in that kitchen and see for yourself!
Now if you or someone close to you has a peanut allergy – don’t sweat it! I recommend a simple swap of the peanut butter for a nut or seed butter of your choice. Personally, I think that almond butter or sunflower seed butter would be just as good. You definitely don’t have to miss out on the goodness of these treats!
These Peanut Butter Cups contain:
Natural peanut butter, of course.
Chocolate, of course. In the form of dairy-free chocolate chips.
Coconut oil. Used to help melt the chocolate and peanut butter into a smooth, creamy consistency.
Puffed brown rice cereal. They add an incredibly satisfying crispy crunch to the inside of the peanut butter cups.
Coarse sea salt, for topping. You just have to do it.
Similar Recipes You’ll Love:
Salted PB Chocolate Crispy Cups
- 2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil divided
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup puffed rice cereal
- coarse sea salt for topping
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second increments until the mixture is smooth and melted. Spoon about 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp of melted chocolate per cup into a a 12-serving muffin tin.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter with the remaining 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil for approx. 30 seconds until peanut butter has thinned out. Spoon 1 tbsp of melted peanut butter per cup on top of the chocolate in the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle puffed rice cereal evenly between all 12 cups and then top each cup with another 1-2 tbsp of melted chocolate mixture. Sprinkle each PB cup with coarse sea salt and place muffin tin in the freezer for at least 1 hour. Remove individual PB Cups from the freezer when ready to eat.