To all the chocolate lovers out there, this one is for you! This recipe for healthy and easy Homemade Nutella requires only 3 simple ingredients and 15 minutes to make. You can add it to toast, fruit, baked goods and more!
Easy Homemade Nutella Ingredients:
For this recipe, you only need 3 ingredients. Yes, 3! They are:
Hazelnuts, of course.
Dark chocolate chips – to put the chocolate in chocolate hazelnut spread.
A mild-tasting oil like refined coconut oil. This helps the mixture stay smooth and creamy.
How to Make 3-Ingredient Easy Homemade Nutella:
If you don’t purchase dry-roasted hazelnuts, you will have to roast them at home yourself. To do this, place raw hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes. Once cooled, use a dry paper towel between your hands to rub the hazelnuts, removing the skins.
Once the hazelnuts are roasted with skins removed, blend them together in a high-speed blender or food processor for 5-8 minutes, scraping down the sides every minute or so, until a smooth, creamy hazelnut butter is achieved.
Melt the chocolate chips and oil in the microwave, stirring every 45 seconds or so until melted and smooth.
Pour the melted chocolate into the hazelnut butter and stir together until completely combined. The result: a smooth, creamy, homemade Nutella.
You can serve immediately, but if you want it to be more solid than runny, place in the fridge in a sealed jar for 1-2 hours. Then, enjoy on things like toast, oatmeal, fruit and baked goods! Yum.
For hazelnuts: It won’t be Nutella-like without hazelnuts, but you could use almonds or cashews for a homemade chocolate almond/cashew butter.
For dark chocolate chips: I prefer dark chocolate chips, but you could also use milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate instead. You could also use a chocolate bar instead of chips, so long as you use 1 cup of chocolate.
For coconut oil: I use refined coconut oil for its mild flavour. If you don’t have this, you can use another mild-tasting oil like canola or avocado oil.
More Homemade Healthy Dips and Spreads:
Easy Homemade Nutella (Vegan)
- High-speed blender or food processor
- 2 cups hazelnuts dry roasted, unsalted
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil or other mild-tasting oil
- Add unsalted dry roasted hazelnuts to a high-speed blender or food processor. Process/blend for 5-8 minutes, scraping down the sides every 6 seconds, until you reach a smooth and creamy nut butter consistency.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and oil together in 45 second increments (stirring in-between) until melted and smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to the blended hazelnut butter and stir until completely combined.
- Pour homemade nutella mixture into a jar or airtight container and place in the fridge for minimum 1-2 hours to solidify into a spread, then enjoy. Store in refrigerator.