This easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie is creamy, delicious, and packed with protein and healthy fat. It makes a quick, tasty, and nutritious breakfast!
Name a better combination than chocolate and peanut butter…I’ll wait. 😉
This chocolate PB smoothie recipe has everything you want in a breakfast smoothie. Not only is it delicious, it also provides a great balance of carbohydrates, fibre, protein, and healthy fat to fuel your day.
Oh, and did I mention how delicious it is?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this quick and easy smoothie recipe:
- Frozen Banana: For that cold, creamy smoothie consistency.
- Milk: Use a milk that offers at least 8 grams of protein per cup (like cow’s or soy milk).
- Cocoa powder: For the chocolate flavour that we’re going for.
- Peanut butter: Not only does it tase great, it’s a good source of monounsaturated fat.
- Ground flaxseed: For some additional fibre and healthy fat!
How to Make the Creamiest Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie:
There really is only one step required to make this smoothie recipe. You just add all of the ingredients to your blender and turn it on! Blend until smooth and creamy with no clumps remaining.
Tips for Making a Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie:
In order to make a really creamy smoothie, here a few tips:
- Add the liquid first: I find the smoothie ingredients blend together easier when the liquid is added first.
- Use frozen bananas: Using frozen bananas versus fresh lends the smoothie a colder, thicker, creamier texture.
- Blend for longer: Think your smoothie is ready? Great, now blend it for another 15-30 seconds!
Here are some simple swaps you can make if you don’t have or don’t prefer to use the ingredients in this recipe:
- Protein powder: If you prefer not to use cow’s/soy milk, you can use another milk variety and add 1 serving of protein powder. I recommend using an unflavoured variety.
- Chia or hemp seeds: You can substitute the ground flaxseeds for chia seeds (ground or whole) or hemp seeds.
- Frozen banana: Instead of frozen banana, you can use fresh banana. Just expect the smoothie to be less cold and creamy.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes:
If you loved this recipe, you’ll also love these delicious and nutritious smoothie recipes!
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Berry Protein Smoothie
- Green Power Smoothie
- Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Coconut Chocolate Smoothie
- Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
Enjoyed this recipe? Leave a comment and a recipe rating below! Because it helps other readers find my recipes, I’d really appreciate it! 🙂
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter SmoothieCourse: Breakfast, SmoothieDifficulty: Easy
A super easy and super delicious smoothie recipe. Makes a great quick breakfast or snack!
2 cups cow’s milk (or soy milk* see notes)
2 large frozen bananas
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
- * If you prefer to use milk alternative like almond or cashew milk, I recommend adding a source of protein like unflavoured protein powder.