Cookie Dough Protein Bites (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
These Cookie Dough Protein Bites are a healthy, yummy snack that take ten minutes to make. Made with nutritious ingredients like peanut butter, protein powder and oats!
When 3pm rolls around, I’m always looking for a yummy snack to tide me over until the evening! For my afternoon snack, I try to include protein-rich foods that keep me satisfied for longer so I’m not constantly snacking until dinner.
Cue these Cookie Dough Protein Bites. They’re easy to make, full of good-for-you ingredients and packed with protein and healthy fats to fill you up so you can focus on things like work or school instead of how hungry you are!
How to Make Cookie Dough Protein Bites:
It’s really just a matter of measuring out your ingredients and combining them together in a mixing bowl!
For the recipe, you’ll need natural peanut butter, a vanilla plant-based protein powder (that is if you want this recipe to be vegan!), oats, flax seeds (or chia/hemp!), vanilla extract, agave syrup, and dairy-free chocolate chips.
Add all ingredients to your bowl and with a spoon or clean hands, mix the ingredients until well-combined. The mixture should resemble a thick cookie dough! You may also need 1-2 tbsp water to help mix if you find it is quite sticky when mixing.
Scoop out the mixture (1 generous tablespoon per protein bite) and roll between your hands to form balls. Place the cookie dough protein bites on a plate or in a container and store in the fridge.
Notes About Cookie Dough Protein Bites:
Enjoy these protein bites with a glass of plant-based milk! I love doing so for a satisfying snack.
You can use any nut or seed butter you like. I typically choose peanut butter because let’s be real, I’m obsessed with all things peanut butter.
If you’re not vegan, feel free to use a whey protein and/or honey in this recipe.
Similar Recipes to Try:
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
Love the looks of this recipe? Tried it out? Leave a recipe rating + comment below and let me know!
Cookie Dough Protein Bites
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, (rolled oats *not quick oats)
- 5 tbsp vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp flax seeds or hemp seeds, (learn hemp seeds' nutrition benefits)
- 3 tbsp agave syrup, can sub. honey if not vegan
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocoalte chips
- 1-3 tbsp water, optional
- Add peanut butter, oats, protein powder, flax seeds, agave syrup and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Use a spoon or clean hands to mix together.
- If the mixture is too thick/sticky, add 1-2 tbsp water. The water will help when you go to shape the mixture into balls and prevent the texture from being too chalky.
- Scoop the mixture (1 generous tablespooon each) with a spoon and roll into balls between your hands. This should result in 14-15 protein bites.
- Store in the frige up to 1 week. Enjoy!