Citrus Arugula Salad
This healthy, easy Citrus Arugula salad makes a delicious lunch or side dish to pair with whatever you’re cooking for dinner. The sweet citrus pairs so well with the crisp arugula, sharp parmesan cheese and buttery avocado. The dressing is a light Lemon Olive Oil Vinaigrette. Enjoy!
While I encourage you to enjoy salads year-round, I know that many of you start to enjoy them even more as the weather warms up and you start craving more fresh, no-cook recipes. This Citrus Arugula salad is the perfect appetizer or side dish for any meal! I think it would especially tasty paired with grilled fish, chicken or tofu skewers!
Why You’ll Love This Citrus Arugula Salad:
It’s so easy! Seriously, it takes 10 minutes to throw together.
It’s so simple, but the flavours are delicious. The sweet citrus compliments the peppery arugula and sharp parmesan cheese, and the buttery avocado adds some luxurious texture.
It’s super nutritious! We’re getting lots of fibre, vitamins C & K, and healthy fats from this dish.
Some Notes About Arugula:
Arugula leaves are also known as rocket or roquette. The leaves are thin and tender with a unique peppery, tangy flavour.
Like many leafy greens, arugula is a good source of calcium and vitamin K. Both play a role in good bone health and prevention of bone disease like osteoporosis. Arugula is also a good source of fibre, which we know helps to regulate digestion and help us feel fuller for longer.
Since you’re reading this blog post, I’m assuming you’re already an arugula fan. If you’ve never tried it, this Citrus Arugula Salad will be a great introduction!
Other Recipes to Try:
- Kale Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Kale, Quinoa & Chickpea Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Homemade Healthy Caesar Salad
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
If you give this recipe a try be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! It helps other people find my recipes too.
Citrus Arugula Salad
For the Salad:
- 4 cups arugula, loosely packed
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
For the Dressing:
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Gently toss together to combine.
- Wisk all salad dressing ingredients together until emulsified (oil and vinegar do not separate). Pour over salad and toss again to combine.