I have such a sweet tooth and I always need to have something sweet on hand – because I never know when it’s gonna strike. Just like meal-prepping, I like to dessert-prep. Whipping up a batch of something sweet for the week means it’ll be there when I’m in the mood for a treat and I won’t have to lift a finger. Well, other than opening the tupperware container. 😉
Because it’s autumn, I’m adding pumpkin seeds to just about everything. Salads, oatmeal, smoothie bowls, etcetera etcetera. Not only do they add a lil’ fall flare and a lil’ crunch, they’re also a great source of protein, fibre, and several micronutrients like zinc and magnesium. Bonus!
This super simple sweet treat is inspired by the packaged chocolate bark you can get at the store called Bark Thins. Ever had them? They have a pumpkin seed variety and I am obsessed. So last week when I was “dessert-prepping” I figured why not recreate something similar? And off I went to create this sweet, crunchy, with just the perfect amount of salty treat. You guys are gonna love it.
As always, if you make my recipe be sure to share with me on social media! Now, go get dessert-prepping!
Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Bark
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries sweetened or unsweetened
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second increments until melted. Pour melted chocolate onto parchment paper and spread evenly as thin or as thick as you like with a spatula.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and sea salt on top of the melted chocolate. You can choose to use more/less toppings if you like.
- Refrigerate the chocolate with toppings overnight or for min. 1 hour. After this, break into bite-sized pieces and enjoy! Store in fridge or freezer as the coconut oil will cause the bark to melt at room temperature.