Make these easy Chocolate Protein Pancakes in a flash! Blend ingredients together, cook, then enjoy for a high protein healthy breakfast. This recipe is perfect for meal-prep. Store leftover pancakes in the fridge or freezer and reheat as needed!
Chocolate Protein Pancakes Ingredients:
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- 2 medium ripe bananas (fresh or frozen!)
- Chocolate protein powder of your choice
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 whole, large eggs
- Rolled oats
- Almond milk (or another milk of choice)
- Maple syrup (or another sweetener of choice)
How to Make Chocolate Protein Pancakes:
One of the reasons I love this recipe is because it’s so easy and requires minimal dishes. See for yourself!
Step 1: Blend Ingredients Together
Add all pancake ingredients to a blender and blend until batter is smooth and well-combined.
Step 2: Cook The Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Grease a pan or skillet and bring to medium heat. Pour batter from the blender onto the pan (approx. 1/4 cup per pancake) and cook until bubbles form (2-3 minutes). Flip, and cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
Step 3: Top and enjoy!
What are pancakes without the toppings? I recommend adding fruit, a little maple syrup, peanut butter, or anything else that sounds good to you.
- For eggs: You can substitute one “flax egg” per egg in this recipe. To make a flax egg, combine 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- For chocolate protein powder: You can substitute vanilla or unflavoured protein powder, although the chocolate flavour of the pancakes may not be as rich.
- For almond milk: You can use whatever milk you prefer.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
- Blender Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes
- Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Creamy Breakfast Oatmeal
- Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Hazelnut Overnight Oats
- Green Power Smoothie
Chocolate Protein Pancakes (in the Blender!)
For the Chocolate Protein Pancakes:
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or other sweetener optional
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- maple syrup, sliced banana, berries, peanut butter, chocolate chips
- Combine all pancake ingredients in a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and well-combined.
- Heat a pan or skillet to medium and grease with oil or butter.
- Pour batter onto heated pan (approx 1/4 cup per pancake) and cook until bubbles form (2-3 minutes).
- Flip pancakes and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat until all pancakes are cooked.
- Top with maple syrup, fruit, peanut butter or other desired toppings and serve immediately. Leftover pancakes will store in the fridge up to 4 days and in the freezer up to 1 month.
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
Enjoyed this recipe? Leave a recipe rating and a comment below! I’d love to hear from you and it helps other people find my recipes too.