These creamy, vegan chocolate hazelnut overnight oats will be your new favourite breakfast recipe! They’re healthy, easy to make and taste like dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
Overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead healthy breakfast recipe. You basically mix all of the ingredients together and place them in the fridge overnight. Then in the morning, enjoy!
You can double or triple the recipe for meal-prep purposes. Prep once, eat two to three times, right?
If you love Nutella or anything chocolate hazelnut, you’re just going to love the way this recipe tastes!
Chocolate Hazelnut Overnight Oats Ingredients:
Rolled Oats: These usually work best compared to quick-cooking or steel cut oats. If you have celiac or gluten-intolerance, use certified gluten-free oats.
Chia seeds: These absorb liquid, creating the creamy oatmeal consistency without cooking.
Non-dairy milk: Choose your fav, but unsweetened, unflavoured usually work best.
Vegan Nutella: Use my recipe for 3-ingredient homemade Nutella, or another Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread.
Pure maple syrup: To add sweetness. Feel free to omit this!
For homemade Nutella: If you prefer not to make your own homemade Nutella, you can use store-bought Nutella or another chocolate-hazelnut spread. Keep in mind traditional Nutella is not vegan!
For maple syrup: Instead of pure maple syrup, you can use agave syrup for a vegan option or honey for a non-vegan option.
How to Store Overnight Oats:
Store overnight oats in an airtight container in the fridge. They last up to 3 days in the fridge but are best enjoyed after 24-48 hours. However, they are freezer friendly!
Now, if you prefer to eat overnight oats warm, you can heat them up in the morning. Using your microwave and in a microwave-safe dish, heat oats for 45-60 seconds. Or using the stovetop, heat overnight oats in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Similar Healthy Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
Chocolate Hazelnut Overnight Oats (Vegan + Gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp 3-ingredient homemade nutella see notes
- 3/4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- To a mason jar or sealable container, add non-dairy milk, homemade nutella, chia seeds and maple syrup. Stir together to combine.
- Add oats and stir to combine or seal the lid and shake the container until ingredients are combined.
- Seal jar/container and store in the fridge for minimum 6 hours or overnight.
- The next morning, enjoy as is or top with desired toppings. See more flavour/topping suggestions in the blog post above!
- Overnight oats last up to 2-3 days in the refrigerator, but are best after 24-48 hours. Not freezer friendly.
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
If you tried this recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Overnight Oats or any of my recipes let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below! Also, be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for more!