Blender Ranch Dressing with Greek Yogurt
Who knew making ranch dressing from scratch could be so easy? This creamy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing is packed with zesty flavour and a nutritional punch. It’s high in protein to make your salads more satisfying, and it takes only 5 minutes and a simple list of ingredients to make. Enjoy it on a variety of salads, or omit some liquid to serve as a dip!
Why You’ll Love Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing:
This homemade greek yogurt ranch is the bomb dot com! You’ll love it because it is…
- Creamy and delicious: There’s nothing like a zesty, creamy ranch dressing to make even the most bland salads more enjoyable! Using plain Greek yogurt and an array of dried herbs and spices you can level up your salad in minutes.
- High in protein: It’s no secret that protein is the key macronutrient for feeling full. Adding a creamy, protein-rich dressing to your salad will help make it more filling and satisfying.
- Quick and easy: No one wants a homemade salad dressing that takes longer to make than the salad itself! Not to worry – this Greek yogurt ranch takes only 5 minutes and a quick blitz in the blender.
If you know me, you know I love making a variety of healthy recipes with Greek yogurt. It’s so versatile! If you like using Greek yogurt in your cooking too, you must try out my Greek Yogurt Tzatziki Sauce and my Quick Healthy Caesar Dressing with Greek Yogurt.
What Makes This Ranch Dressing Recipe Healthy?
As a Registered Dietitian, I love being able to sneak a little (or a lot of) nutrition into my recipes without sacrificing taste or satisfaction. Here are some things that make this homemade ranch dressing healthy:
- Greek yogurt: As I mentioned, Greek yogurt is a key player in many of my healthy sauces and dressings recipes because its rich in protein and packed with important vitamins and minerals like vitamin B12, vitamin A, calcium, phosphorus, and selenium.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Adding some olive oil to this greek yogurt ranch recipe contributes to the creamy texture and mouthfeel, but it also contributes flavour and nutrition. Extra virgin olive oil is packed with healthy monounsaturated fats and even antioxidants that protect against free radicals that cause cell damage.
- Its homemade: Don’t get me wrong, store-bought dressings are perfect in a pinch! However, if you’re trying to be more mindful of things like sodium and added sugars, choosing to make ranch dressing at home can help you control those ingredients a little more. In fact, there’s actually no added sugar in this greek yogurt ranch dressing!
- It can help you eat more veggies! One of my favourite benefits of a tasty salad dressing? It helps you enjoy your salads more! And what happens when you get more enjoyment from salads…? You end up eating more of them!
Ingredients for Greek Yogurt Ranch:
- Plain Greek yogurt: I like to use a higher fat variety (like 5% M.F.) for an extra-creamy dressing
- Extra virgin olive oil: If you don’t have extra-virgin, regular olive oil is just fine.
- Dijon mustard: Adds a little tang and helps to emulsify the dressing.
- Lemon juice (or vinegar): Brightens up the flavours and thins out the dressing a little bit.
- Garlic powder and onion powder: Two keys for that traditional ranch flavour!
- Dried parsley, dill, and chives: I use dried herbs for convenience (and they’re cheaper).
- Salt and black pepper: To bring out all of the delicious ranch flavours.
- Water (optional): To thin the dressing to your desired consistency.
Making Homemade Ranch with Greek Yogurt in a Blender:
Here are some suggestions for ingredient swaps if you need them:
- Regular yogurt for Greek yogurt: You can use regular yogurt instead of Greek yogurt if that’s your preference. However, keep in mind that the final product will not be quite as creamy or as high in protein.
- Vinegar for lemon juice: I have made this recipe with vinegar instead of lemon juice and it works just the same. I’d recommend a white vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Skip the water for a homemade ranch dip: If you want to use this recipe as a greek yogurt ranch dip, just skip the water in the recipe card. The result will be thicker – perfect for dipping veggies!
Storing the Dressing:
This recipe makes approximately 3/4 cup of ranch dressing. You can store it in a sealed container or jar (like a mason jar) up to 1 week in the fridge.
What to Serve with Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing:
- Salads, of course
- Sliced vegetables for dipping
- Roasted vegetables for dipping
- Sandwiches and wraps
- Pizza (hello, pizza and ranch!?)
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. If you try it, let me know what you think by leaving a rating and a review in the comments below.
Oh, and be sure to take a photo and tag me at @hannahmagee_rd so I can re-share on my stories!
Blender Ranch Dressing with Greek Yogurt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a jar and enjoy!