Disclaimer: This post was developed in partnership with Del Monte Canada however all opinions are my own.
These Black Bean Sweet Potato taco bowls are the perfect meatless weeknight meal. They’re packed with flavour, nutrition and are easily customizable!
We’re big fans of Mexican-inspired meals over here. Tacos, taco bowls and burritos are always in the meal rotation. They tend to be quick, tasty and nourishing because we load them up with veggies, herbs and spices. These Black Bean Sweet Potato Taco bowls are no different!
How to Build a Taco Bowl:
Start with a base. In this recipe, I used chopped lettuce but you could totally substitute it for rice or quinoa if you want something a little more hearty. We do this often!
Add your protein! The protein source in this recipe is canned black beans, but other taco bowls often use chicken, shrimp or beef.
Load on the veggies. We know how great vegetables are for us, so no explanation needed.
Add toppings! The best part, right? We love to use herbs, condiments like sour cream, salsa or guacamole, and cheese!
Black Bean Sweet Potato Taco Bowl Ingredients:
Lettuce – our base! Feel free to use rice or quinoa if you prefer.
Black Beans. We love black beans and always have a can or two in the pantry. They’re a source of plant-based protein and a great source of fibre.
Del Monte Mexican Corn Medley – a ready-to-eat blend of corn, red peppers and chili peppers. It’s a quick, easy and versatile topping for bowls like this. They have 3 healthy and delicious Corn Medley varieties, Mexican, Southwest and Mediterranean.
Spiced roasted sweet potatoes, chopped cherry tomatoes and diced avocado. Feel free to add any other veggies you like, sometimes we also add cucumber!
Similar Recipes To Try:
Connect with me!
Please let me know in the comments and leave a rating if you try this recipe! I love your feedback and it helps others find my recipes too. 🙂
Black Bean Sweet Potato Taco Bowls
For the Sweet Potatoes:
For the Taco Bowls:
- 1 1/2 cups black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 medium avocado diced
- 1 can Del Monte Mexican Corn Medley
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1-2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- optional toppings: sour cream, chopped cilantro, green onion, sliced lime, salsa, cheese, jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 400F. Toss sweet potato with avocado oil and spices. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, assemble taco bowls with lettuce, black beans, Del Monte Mexican Corn Medley, tomatoes, and avocado. Add sweet potatoes when finished baking.
- Top with sour cream and garnish with chopped cilantro, green onion and a wedge of lime. Other optional toppings: Cheese, jalapenos, salsa. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post was developed in partnership with Del Monte Canada, however all opinions are my own.