8 Healthy (and Tasty!) Veggie Smoothies Recipes
Here you’ll find a roundup of 8 veggie smoothies recipes created by a Registered Dietitian. Each of these recipes are just as delicious as they nutrient-dense and quick to make. From the classic green smoothie with spinach, to carrot smoothies, and even smoothies with beets, there’s a tasty fruit and vegetable smoothie for everyone.
It’s no secret that I love a good smoothie. I’ve become somewhat of a smoothie connoisseur, and I’m always trying new combinations of delicious and nutritious fruit and vegetable smoothies.
In this post, I’ve collected eight of my favourite veggie-packed smoothie recipes. I’ve also shared some key tips for making healthy smoothies that are tasty and fill you up.
Tap to the following sections or scroll on through to explore all of the smoothie recipes and tips!
- How to Make a Healthy Smoothie
- The Best Vegetables for Smoothies
- My Favourite Blender to Use
- 8 Veggie Smoothies Recipes
How to Make a Healthy Smoothie:
What makes a healthy smoothie anyway? A few things! All of these smoothies are dietitian-approved and meet my balanced smoothie criteria.
A healthy smoothie should contain ingredients beyond just fruits and vegetables. Yes, a healthy smoothie should be nutrient-rich and good for your health, but it should also be well-balanced and keep you full longer than 30 minutes. Especially if you’ll be drinking it for breakfast!
Some things I always look to include are:
- Fruits and/or vegetables
- A source of protein
- Healthy fats
- A fibre-booster like extra veggies, chia seeds, or flax!
Best Vegetables for Smoothies:
There are some veggies that lend themselves better for blending into smoothies than others. Here are some of my favourites:
- Spinach: Spinach is a classic for smoothies. It blends easily, and has a mild taste. Besides its vibrant green colour, it’s almost undetectable in smoothies. This is great for those who want to add veggies to smoothies, but don’t want to taste them!
- Cauliflower: You might be surprised to learn that cauliflower is GREAT in smoothies. Particularly if it’s frozen. This cruciferous veggie also has a very mild taste so it’s virtually undetectable, and it adds a thick and creamy texture to your smoothie.
- Zucchini: Like cauliflower, zucchini has a pretty mild flavour that can be masked by the other ingredients that you blend it with. When you use frozen zucchini in a smoothie, it also lends the smoothie a delicious and creamy consistency.
- Beets: Beets are another fantastic addition to smoothies. Cooked beets blend well, add a vibrant pink colour (perfect to combine with berries!) and they pack a nutritious antioxidant punch.
My Favourite Blender for Veggie Smoothies:
If you make smoothies often, a powerful blender is well worth the investment. While I recognize this isn’t an option for everyone, this blender is by far my most-used kitchen appliance. I’ve had mine almost 10 years and it still works just as well as the day I got it!
My Vitamix blender is my favourite kitchen appliance! Not only does it make the smoothest, creamiest smoothies, you can also make a variety of recipes like sauces, dressings, and soups in it, too!
Veggie Smoothies Recipes:
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
If you make any of my recipes, be sure to snap a photo and share it with me on Instagram!