Quick Healthy Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
All you need is 30 minutes to get this healthy sheet pan dinner meal on the table! Made with frozen shrimp, yellow onion, colourful bell peppers, and delicious fajita seasoning, these Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas are tasty and nutritious. And with only a sheet pan, there’s no mess to clean up! It’s the perfect recipe for busy weeknights or when you just want a delicious hassle-free meal.
Fajitas are an absolute staple in our household.
They’re my husbands favourite food, and I’m a fan too! Mainly because fajitas tend to be nutritiously balanced, easy to prepare, and totally delicious.
Whether they’re my Easy Tofu Fajitas, classic chicken fajitas, or these Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas, they’re definitely a frequent healthy dinner recipe on our roster. What’s even better? They’re a delicious sheet pan meal!
About These Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas:
I love this shrimp fajita recipe for three reasons. First, they’re quick, requiring only 30 minutes from start to finish. Second, the entire recipe comes together on just one sheet pan, so clean up is easy. And third, they’re friggin’ delicious!
Sweet bell peppers, onions that get nice and caramelized, and tender shrimp combine with a simple fajita seasoning. Pair them with a warm tortilla, some sriracha mayo and a little avocado or guacamole, and you’ve got an easy, healthy dinner meal that blows your taste buds away.
What Makes them Healthy?
In this recipe, we’ve got a good source of protein, which is the shrimp. For vegetables we have fibre- and vitamin C-rich bell peppers as well as yellow onion.
These are all drizzled in a little bit of olive oil for healthy fats, and we serve them up on tortillas, which acts as our carbohydrate source. Bonus points for whole wheat tortillas for some extra fibre and micronutrients!
We can also add more fibre, vitamins and minerals by using vegetables like tomatoes or avocados as fajita toppings, or we can serve the fajitas with a side salad to really round out the meal.
Ingredients for this Shrimp Fajita Recipe:
To make this sheet pan fajita recipe, here’s what you’ll need:
For equipment, a sheet pan, of course.
For food, you’ll need:
- Frozen & peeled shrimp that’s been defrosted
- Bell peppers
- Yellow onion
- Olive oil
- 5-Minute Homemade Fajita Seasoning or substitute with store-bought
- Small tortilla shells
- Sriracha Mayo for topping or sour cream (or plain greek yogurt) and salsa
- Other toppings like avocado or guacamole, cilantro, shredded cheese, etc.
How to Make Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas:
Shrimp Fajita Seasoning:
For the shrimp fajita seasoning, we’ll follow the recipe for my 5-Minute Homemade Fajita Seasoning. Or, if you prefer, you can use store-bought fajita seasoning.
I like to serve my shrimp fajitas with homemade sriracha mayo. You only need a few ingredients and a couple minutes to make it. In fact, while the fajitas are cooking you can prepare this!
If you have leftovers, I recommend storing the fajita mix (shrimp, peppers and onions) separate from the tortillas. Store the fajita mix in an airtight container in the fridge – it will keep up to 4 days.
Store the tortilla shells in sealed their packaging cool, dry place. To keep them for longer, you can store them in the freezer.
Made of pure aluminum which will never rust for a lifetime of durability. For sweet or savoury baking; from cookies to sheet pan dinners, this is the pan you’ll reach for.
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. If you try it, let me know what you think by leaving a rating and a review in the comments below.
Oh, and be sure to take a photo and tag me at @hannahmagee_rd so I can re-share on my stories!
Quick Healthy Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
For the Fajitas:
For the Sriracha Mayo (Optional):
- 1 batch 3-Minute Sriracha Mayo
Other Toppings (Optional)
- avocado, or guacamole
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream, or plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut bell peppers and onion into slices.
- Add sliced peppers and onions to the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, toss with 1/2 of the fajita seasoning, and place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven. Move the peppers and onions to one side, and add the shrimp to the other. Toss the shrimp with the remaining fajita seasoning.
- Place the sheet pan back in the oven to cook the shrimp. This will only take about 7 minutes. When the shrimp is pink on both sides, it's done!
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and assemble the fajitas in the tortillas with toppings (like sriracha mayo, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, etc.) Enjoy!