3 Overnight Oats Recipes to Spice Up Your Breakfast
If you’ve been following me for a long time, you know all about my overnight oats obsession. My O.G. overnight oats recipe (which I’ve shared countless times on Instagram and also here on my blog) is probably one of my most popular. I frequently get told how much you guys love making my simple overnight oats recipe and nothing makes me happier. Seriously.
Overnight oats are such a great way to set your morning up for success. They’re a satisfying and delicious breakfast that you can look forward to when you set your head down on the pillow at night – yes I do this. Prep them the night before, or if you’re really on the ball you can prep enough for the entire week on Sunday.
While I eat my overnight oats religiously, I recognize the importance of switching up the flavour combinations to keep my taste buds interested and prevent myself from getting tired of my beloved breakfast. So today I’m sharing with you three of my most favourite overnight oats combinations that I’ve dreamt up over the years. These dessert-like flavours are perfect for you if you’re a sweet-for-breakfast person like me.
The bonus is that these recipes are easy to whip up (I’m talking 10 minutes or less) and packed with protein, fibre, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates – a.k.a. everything we need to feel energized, full and satisfied. Alright, I’ll stop talking so you can get to breakfast-prepping! Enjoy!
Chocolate Brownie Overnight Oats
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container. Leave in the fridge overnight. Toppings are optional, but I recommend berries and chocolate chips!
Nutritious Lemon Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup rolled oats, (rolled oats *not quick oats)
- 2 tsp chia seeds, (learn chia seeds' nutrition benefits)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt, for a vegan option, use a non-dairy variety
- 1/3 cup milk of choice, for a vegan option, use a non-dairy variety
- 1 tsp liquid sweetener (optional), like pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container (like a mason jar).
- Let sit in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight.
- In the morning, add toppings (optional) and enjoy!
Banana Bread Overnight Oats
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container. Leave in the fridge overnight. Toppings are optional, but I recommend sliced banana coins and peanut butter!