20-Minute Roasted Sweet Mini Peppers
These mouthwatering Roasted Mini Peppers serve as the perfect side dish to complement your favourite proteins. The vibrant mini peppers are bursting with natural sweetness and nutrition. This quick and easy dish comes together in just 20 minutes, ensuring a simple, healthy, and colourful addition to your meals. Serve with a dip or enjoy them as they are!
Have you ever roasted bell peppers? If not, what are you waiting for?!
Bell peppers are tasty, vibrant, and nutritious. Some of my favourite ways to use them are in my Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers, in pastas like my Nourishing Sausage & Vegetable Pasta Bake, and for sweetness in salads, including this Kale Quinoa & Chickpea Salad.
Raw mini peppers are deliciously sweet and crunchy for sure. But roasted mini peppers with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper brings out the juiciness and sweet flavours even more.
What are Mini Peppers?
Mini peppers, also commonly known as sweet peppers, are a smaller variety of bell peppers.
These petite versions of the bell pepper pack the same flavour but in a compact size, usually measuring two to three inches in length. This makes them a great option for snacking and/or dipping.
Sweet peppers are typically harvested when fully ripe, offering a sweeter taste compared to their larger counterparts. This sweetness makes them a tasty addition to salads, stir-fries, or even enjoyed raw as a crunchy and nutritious snack. Oh, and they’re perfect for roasting.
Bell Pepper Nutrition Benefits:
I’m a Registered Dietitian, so it’s only right that we touch on nutrition. Not only are bell peppers (mini or regular size) sweet and delicious, they’re super nutritious too! Here are some of their benefits:
- Rich in Vitamins: Bell peppers are a great source of vitamins, including vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin B6. Vitamin C is known for its role in immune health, while vitamin A supports healthy vision and skin health. Vitamin B6 is involved in various bodily functions, such as metabolism and brain development.
- Antioxidants: Regular bell peppers and mini peppers are rich in antioxidants like carotenoids and flavonoids. These help protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals, reducing the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and certain types of cancer.
- Fibre Content: Peppers are a source of dietary fibre, which aids in digestion and promotes gut health. Fibre also promotes feelings of fullness and can help keep blood sugar levels stable.
- Hydration: Bell peppers have a high water content, which contributes to your hydration level throughout the day. Staying hydrated is key to overall well-being and supports various bodily functions.
How to Make Roasted Mini Peppers:
Give the peppers a good rinse with water and pat them dry. Arrange them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine. You can also add any spices like garlic powder, paprika, oregano, etc. if you like.
Roast the peppers in an oven preheated to 400F for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the mini peppers over, and place them back into the oven for another 5 minutes. The bell peppers should be tender with slight char marks on the outside.
I recommend enjoying the roasted sweet peppers immediately after cooking. If you do have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days and reheat before serving.
What to Serve Roasted Sweet Peppers With:
Roasted bell peppers are versatile, so you can serve them as a side dish with a variety of proteins. You can also add them to salads, or snack on them with your favourite dip!
Here are some of my favourite ways to enjoy them:
- With baked or grilled chicken breast
- As a snack with my 5-minute homemade tzatziki
- With my Greek chicken meatballs or Greek chicken burgers
- With baked lemon butter haddock
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. If you try it, let me know what you think by leaving a rating and a review in the comments below. Oh, and be sure to take a photo and tag me on @hannahmagee_rd so I can re-share on my stories!
20 Minute Roasted Sweet Mini Peppers
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add mini sweet peppers, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, flip the peppers over, then return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!