No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars (Vegan)
As you may have seen on my Instagram page, I recently shared the recipe for vegan, No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. They’re just these little slices of pumpkin cheesecake heaven made with some nutritious ingredients including cashews, pumpkin (obvi), dates, walnuts, and oats. Like hello, sign me up!
I really love this recipe and I worked hard to perfect it – my boyfriend and family members can attest to both of those statements. So, I just felt I wouldn’t be doing it justice to let it disappear down my Instagram grid and basically be lost forever by next month. Slightly dramatic, I know. Once you give these a try you’ll understand. 😉 I figure that by sharing them on my blog, these decadent bars get a well-deserved, permanent place to live here on the internet.
So, if you’re an American reader still searching for a perfect Thanksgiving dessert recipe, or you’re planning ahead for all of your holiday parties in December, OR you’re just bored and really want to whip up a tasty treat, you’ve come to the right place! The best part about these bars is that they’re totally vegan and can be made gluten-free so long as you use certified gluten-free oats in the crust. That means even more people can enjoy the tangy, rich, cheese-less cheesecake treats that they are.
For the “real-food” crust I created in this recipe, I used Made with Local Real Food Bar Mix (love!!). The bar mix is essentially a combination of oats and some seeds like pumpkin and hemp. Don’t have access to the Real Food Bar Mix? Don’t panic! You can easily create this recipe using plain old oats instead. No sweat!
Now before we get into the recipe, I want to note a few important things about making the bars.
- Remember to soak the cashews in hot water for minimum one hour before blending. This allows them to soak up the water and get super soft, allowing for a really creamy texture.
- It’s equally important to let the bars set in the freezer long enough (I recommend at least 3 hours) so that they hold their shape well once cut.
- Finally, I encourage you to add coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice before serving to really take it over the top.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and as always – let me know what you think! Now tell me, what’s your favourite holiday treat? Let me know in the comments!
Vegan, No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
A decadent dairy, egg, and gluten-free treat!
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups Made with Local Real Food Bar Mix can sub for plain oats
- 1 cup Medjool dates about 10 dates
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup walnut or pecan halves
- 1 pinch sea salt
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked in hot water for min. 1 hour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. In a high-speed blender or food processor, pulse the Bar Mix/oats with walnuts/pecans until a coarse, flour-like texture is achieved. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and blend until mixture is wet and dates are well-blended. Press down mixture into lined pan and place in refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
Rinse your blender/food processor. Drain the cashews and add to blender/food processor with remaining filling ingredients. Blend on high until you achieve a very creamy, smooth consistency (about 2 minutes). Spread the filling mixture evenly over the crust and let set in the freezer for minimum 3 hours or overnight. Later, cut in to bars (makes 9-12) and serve with coconut whip and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.