This Berry Protein Smoothie makes a great breakfast or snack when you need something quick, tasty and nutritious! It’s packed with antioxidants as well as fibre and protein to keep you going.
Berry Protein Smoothie
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know I’ve been enjoying some variation of this smoothie on repeat lately! I love it because it’s quick, easy, and delicious.
This smoothie is also a great way for me to recover after my morning workout because it provides me with the protein my body needs to replenish and repair the muscles I’ve just worked. Additionally, it’s a good source of fibre – thanks to the berries and chia seeds.
If you’re curious about how to refuel after a work out, read my blog post on pre- and post-workout nutrition here. Also, if you want to learn more about protein and why it’s important, check out this post.
Berry Protein Smoothie Ingredients
To make this smoothie, you’ll need:
- Frozen banana
- Frozen berries – I buy a 3-berry blend that has a mixture of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla protein powder – use whichever one you like!
- Almond butter – optional
- Almond milk
- Chia seeds: If you don’t have chia seeds, you can omit them altogether or use flaxseed or hemp seeds instead.
- Mixed frozen berries: Instead of a frozen berry blend, you can use whatever frozen berries you have!
- Vanilla protein powder: Unflavoured protein powder will work as well. You could also use 1/2 cup Greek yogurt to add protein, but the recipe will no longer be plant-based.
- Almond butter: You can omit this altogether or use cashew butter or peanut butter instead.
- Almond milk: Use whatever type of milk you prefer! You can also use water, but the smoothie may not be as creamy.
Other Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love:
Berry Protein Smoothie
This Berry Protein Smoothie makes a great breakfast or snack when you need something quick, tasty and nutritious! It's packed with antioxidants as well as fibre and protein to keep you going.
- 1/2 medium frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter optional
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
Connect with Hannah Magee, RD!
Enjoyed this recipe? Leave me a comment and recipe rating below! It helps other people find my recipes. 🙂